Why You'll Love Working Here
Discover your next chapter at the nation’s oldest drugstore chain! We have been NW grown for 130 years and counting. At Bartell Drugs, you have the opportunity to make your career goals a reality — working alongside bright, dedicated and caring individuals who are passionate about the health, well-being and happiness of our neighbors.
We’re passionate about serving our customers, supporting the health and wellness needs of our community, and showcasing on our shelves over 150 local partners, all made right here in the Pacific Northwest. One position is scheduled for Monday - Friday from 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM and the other position is scheduled from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
The primary purpose of this Asset Protection position is to ensure the security of the distribution center and its associates. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Maintain control of keys to the distribution center, complete daily safety inspections of the distribution center, and ensure first aid kits are properly maintained.
- Communicate with inbound and outbound associates in the distribution center regarding special deliveries (if applicable).
- Complete final load inspections and lock and seal outbound trailers (if applicable).
- Log and record all inbound and outbound traffic (if applicable).
- Observe the interior and exterior activity of the facility to ensure all operations are secure.
- Act as the telephone operator and log employee calls (if applicable); assign visitor badges.
- Remain knowledgeable of commercial video monitoring and recording equipment, the public address and music systems in the distribution center, the fire suppression systems, and burglar alarm panels.
- Provide accurate alarm responses that include a series of codes, procedures, and telecommunication with the alarm service contractor and local emergency services.
- Monitor the power being supplied to the computer room and be able to properly respond to power outages (if applicable).
- Check bags and clothing for pilferage when associates leave the distribution center.
- Perform daily and random checks on check-off sheets completed by lift drivers to ensure they are completed accurately, and all machinery is in proper working condition (if applicable).
- Prepare, receive, and file incident reports for situations that occur in the building (if applicable).
- Utilize the Threshold computer system to create identification badges and operate automatic door locks in the building (if applicable).
- Assign and track personnel lockers (if applicable).
- Administer or assist with random and/or post-accident drug testing done on site.
- Handle emergency calls from the facility to the emergency response systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered
while performing the essential functions of this job. The associate is:
- Regularly exposed to indoor conditions with a moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to:
– Wet or humid conditions.
– Outdoor weather conditions.
– Extreme cold (non-weather).
– Extreme heat (non-weather).
- Rarely exposed to:
– Work near moving mechanical parts.
– Work in high, precarious places.
– Fumes or airborne particles.
What’s In It For You?
- Be Part of a Great Team
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning
- Competitive Health Plan
- Generous PTO (3 weeks in your first year!)
- Climate-controlled Warehouse
- Discounts with Bartell Drugs and cellular carriers (Verizon & AT&T Wireless)