Bartell Drugs, your neighborhood drug store since 1890, is looking for a high energy, dependable, hard working Lead for our Distribution Center Shipping/Outbound department! Our Distribution Center is located in Des Moines. Regular attendance and punctuality is expected. The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. There is room for advancement at the Distribution Center as well as the Company at large!
The Shipping/Outbound Lead is an integral position within the DC operation. They must lead their team by example and assure the product is shipped to the store accurately. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of our brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist strategic leaders in seeking new, improved, and innovative ways to increase effectiveness through proper execution of departmental operations and processes.
- Lead department by implementing and ensuring effective processes through distribution center process efficiencies.
- Ensure alignment with Company Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Resolve employee issues in a tactful, courteous, and professional manner forwarding issues to supervisor when needed.
- Assist in Cross training and development of employees as directed.
- Set a professional example by enforcing company policies.
- Prepare team for daily shipping duties.
- Assist in providing communications regarding the fulfillment status of store orders at the Distribution Center.
- Assist in all areas of the Distribution Center, as needed.
- Operate all distribution center equipment as needed. (Example: Hand trucks, Pallet jacks, Forklifts, etc.)
- Use good judgment to carry out detailed written or oral instructions in English. Be able to deal with variables that occur on occasion that might deviate from the normal working situation.
- Be a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.