Come join the Team at Bartell Drugs, the Northwest's Best Loved Drug Store for 130 years and counting!
Primary Objective : Offer excellent customer service and operate a cash register to itemize and total customer’s purchases in a retail drug store.
Reports to: Store Manager
Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered Essential:
- The Shift Supervisor may have responsibilities such as opening/closing the store, and performing functions such as change calls and refunds/over rings as needed at the discretion of Management or as business dictates.
- The Shift Supervisor must demonstrate exemplary performance/productivity at all times.
- This person must be cooperative and show a team approach when dealing with customers, fellow co-workers, and Management staff. Must show a high level of competency with company policies and procedures.
- This person may be authorized to perform employee sale transactions.
- Scans merchandise into cash register. Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items and totals purchases on an electronic cash register. Accurately collects cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash transactions. Correctly counts change and accounts for all money in cash drawer at beginning and at the end of each work shift. May record daily transaction amounts from cash register to balance cash drawer. May handle promotional coupons. Properly complete all forms and paperwork involved with register transaction. Must be able to recall advertised items and prices.
- Removes customer’s items from shopping carts and baskets and places them onto counter top. Bags all customers’ items purchased. Identify and locate all merchandise in the store. Answers store telephone timely and in a friendly professional manner.
- Stocks shelves and marks prices on items. Provides product and service information.
- Unloads delivery totes and pallets.
- Assists in stocking, merchandising and maintaining designated shelves in the store .
- Determines inventory needs and orders appropriately.
- Builds displays and rearranges shelf configuration as needed.
- Must demonstrate courteous and professional interpersonal communication skills towards customers, supervisors and fellow employee associates.
- Loads empty packing cartons into box crusher.
- Fronts, straightens and rotates merchandise on the shelves.
- Cleans fixtures, work area and maintains cleanliness of overall store.
- Must be able to handle a hand truck, grocery cart, stock carts, electronic cash register, and computer hand held pricing guns, box cutter, telephone, and intercom.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Other duties as assigned.