High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel
welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
The following qualities are helpful:
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
This position requires a valid license to operate powered material handling equipment.
The primary purpose of this position is to load boxes and totes into trailers and to strip the trailers of empty totes. This will require the operation of electrical powered industrial trucks and equipment to move pallets and material in the distribution center. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Place pallets at the end of the dock to begin stripping process.
2. Strip trailer of empty totes by placing them on the pallet.
3. Lift detachable roller to extendable conveyor belt.
4. Pick boxes off conveyor belt and load totes in trailer.
5. Manually pull extendable conveyor belt into empty trailer.
6. Pick up boxes that may be stacked beside conveyor belt on warehouse floor.
7. Clear jams on conveyor belt.
8. Drive electrical powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as a forklift, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment or materials in the distribution center.
9. Position fork over/under/around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials to transport to a designated area.
10. Unload and stack pallets, boxes, or materials by raising and lowering lifting device.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Bartell Drugs brand and strategy.