Come join the Team at Bartell Drugs, The Northwest's Best Loved Drug Store for 130 years and counting!
Primary Objective: Provides exceptional customer service, performs all cash register functions and bags products, while always displaying a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude. Follows merchandising guidelines to assist with maintaining the store.
Reports to: Store Manager
Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered Essential:
Provide exceptional customer service:
- Smile and greet each customer.
- Give every customer immediate attention. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Provide very positive, friendly and helpful service to each and every customer.
- Walk customer to the product and always ask if there is anything else you can help them find.
- Follow the "Eight Foot Rule" by acknowledging all customers within 8 feet of you.
- Answer telephone calls and page quickly with excellent phone etiquette.
- Provide sincere "thank you" to each customer and invite them back to the store.
Follow proper check stand procedures, including but not limited to:
- Removes customer's items from shopping carts and baskets and places them onto countertop.
- Scan merchandise into cash register to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Follow proper procedures for sales of tobacco and alcoholic beverages.
- Appropriately bag all customers' items purchased and provide carry out when directed.
- Follow established procedures when reporting errors in retail pricing and signage.
Other duties may include:
- Keep register area clean, dusted, well stocked, and faced.
- Clean, stock, dust and face products on store shelves as directed.
- Maintain designated area(s) in the store.
- Identify and locate all merchandise in the store when required.
- Provide product and service information as appropriate.
- Determine inventory needs and order appropriately as directed by the manager.
- Assist in properly stocking and merchandising products by unloading delivery totes and pallets.
- Builds displays and rearrange shelf configurations as needed in accordance with merchandising guidelines.
- Perform receiving, POS, cosmetics and greeting card department duties as needed.
- Assist with the operation of the camera department, as needed.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
- Communicate and interact positively with store management and team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.