Primary Objective :
The Pharmacy Technician in Training (PTT) provides excellent customer service while serving the community’s outpatient ambulatory health needs. In this role a PTT serves as a Pharmacy Cashier while learning and performing the duties of a Pharmacy Technician. The PTT offers assistance in the Pharmacy by filling patient’s prescriptions within the guidelines of federal, state, and local legal requirements.
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Major Responsibilities and Duties Which May Be Considered Essential:
- The PTT is a very integral part of the Pharmacy operations. While in Training the PTT must be available to work all shifts as scheduled. Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- Greets the customer with a smile and a friendly greeting. The PTT builds customer confidence through patient understanding. Maintains a professional manner by answering the telephone quickly and with a positive attitude.
- Must remain calm and pleasant during busy times, and will handle customer complaints and problems in a positive manner to instill customer confidence and good will.
- Must accurately fill and refill prescriptions under the direct supervision and guidance of the Pharmacist. This person keeps current with new RX and OTC products. This person is also knowledgeable with the item’s location and availability.
- Maintains and stocks automated dispensing units by following company standards of practice and pharmacist's direction.
- The PTT properly orders product sizes and quantities and is careful in reordering slow moving items.
- Properly checks on drug orders and puts the merchandise in its correct location. Will insure that credits are given for returned items and order errors. Will prepare outdated drug items to be returned to vendors.
- Must be proficient in typing and computer speed with accuracy.
- The PTT will use the Enterprise computer software efficiently.
- Must maintain a clean, orderly and organized work area including the drug and “will call” area.
- Communicates with the Pharmacists about current work problems.
- The PTT will show good judgment in problem solving with the ability to conduct pharmacy technician duties independently with direction. Must work efficiently while learning the duties of a Pharmacy Technician.
- The PTT will cashier and deliver Rx and OTC items per company standards of practice, accurately collects cash, checks, or charge payments from customers. Must properly record all paperwork pertinent to the Pharmacy.
- Provide the basic pharmacy housecleaning, including removal of trash, dusting shelves, vacuuming and sweeping floors daily, periodically replacing or adding shelf tags, filling Rx supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.